When it comes to your personal style, you’re allowed to set the rules, build your own unique wardrobe and dress yourself to match your personality and how you’re feeling each day. But if you’re not sure where to start, or need some ideas, these menswear styling tips can help guide you to develop your own style.
10 Style Tips For Men
- Invest in quality over quantity. Build your wardrobe with a selection of quality pieces, rather than filling your closet with lots of items that won’t fit you well and won’t last.
- Swap in trendy items. If you want to ease into a trend, take a look at one of your go-to outfits and swap one item out for a trendy item.
- When in doubt, overdress. When you’re getting ready for an event and you’re not 100% sure what the dresscode is, always err on the formal side.
- Give yourself footwear options. By owning more than one pair of shoes, you’ll give yourself more options for style and comfort. Every man should have a pair of sneakers, a nice pair of boots and a classic dress shoe.
- Take the time to find a great suit. Invest the time comparing jacket styles, colours, cuts and fabrics. Our experienced clothiers can help guide you through our selection of ready-made suits and custom designer suit options. Once you have the perfect suit, you’ll never have to worry about how you look.
- Complete your look with a pocket square. Any time you’re wearing a jacket, add some colour and flare to your formal look with a pocket square.
- Layer, layer, layer. Mix and match your favourite pieces by layering a new look together. By adding layers, you can use new combinations of your existing wardrobe essentials and create a whole new look.
- Wear a watch. A watch is the ultimate accessory. A designer watch is fashionable and functional. This classic accessory goes great with a suit!
- And on that note...don’t shy away from accessories. Adding a few accessories, such as cufflinks, can really complete your look with very little effort.
- Make sure your clothes fit! Not every man is built the same, so why should you expect every item of clothing to fit you perfectly? Take the time to get your wardrobe essentials adjusted to fit your body. We offer next-level customization, allowing you to create a look that is truly your own. Book a consultation to meet with one of our clothiers. This tip has a bonus tip: Know your measurements. Write them down in your phone so you always have a quick reference when you’re shopping.
Visit our Uptown Waterloo Showroom to add some quality designer menswear pieces to your wardrobe. We can help you find the right fit and styles so you leave looking great and feeling comfortable and confident (because after all, how you feel is what matters the most!).